- 5 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or just a pinch)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup defrosted green peas
- 1 bell pepper, seeds and top removed, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 medium zucchinis or store bought Zucchini noodles (zoodles)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and then shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring a medium pot filled halfway with lightly salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes or until tender but still crunchy. Drain into a colander, pat dry and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the garlic, red pepper flakes and onions. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Then, add in the tomatoes, green peas and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the bell pepper softens.
- Add in the zucchini noodles, carrot shavings, lemon juice and parsley and toss for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are al dente.
- Add in the broccoli. Plate into bowls