- 1 pound (lean) ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper powder or flakes, (Korean or Asian recommended)
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh or powdered ginger
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, green onions, garlic powder, ginger, and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the breadcrumbs to expand, then roll into 1″ balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center of each meatball is cooked. Transfer meatballs to a large skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, and tamari. Drizzle over meatballs. Cover skillet and turn stove to medium heat, stirring every 2-3 minutes as needed to keep the meatballs from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook just until the mixture begins to steam. Remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Serve meatballs immediately and enjoy!