Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 patty and 1/4 cup salad | Calories: 314 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 637mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 26g |
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain whole wheat breadcrumbs or whole wheat panko
- 1/3 cup grated or finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or cooking spray to lightly coat the pan or grill
- 1 cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Combine all ingredients for turkey burgers, except olive oil.
Form into 4 to 5 patties.
Sprinkle each patty on both sides with olive oil, using fingers to coat. Lightly oil grates of grill.
Set grill to medium-high heat or place a lightly-oiled skillet or grill pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
Add patties to grill or skillet and cover (cover if using the grill) and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for cucumber salad. Serve room temperature or chill until serving.