· 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp black pepper
· 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· 1 large mango, peeled and diced
· 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
· 1 medium tomato, chopped
· 1 red onion, chopped
· 2 Tbsp chopped jalapeño pepper, optional
· 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup of the lime juice, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt, black pepper and chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
In a bowl, combine the mango, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeño (if using) and the remaining 3 tablespoons of lime juice. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes and then slice into strips.
Arrange chicken in tortillas and top with mango salsa and additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Portion: 1 taco
o Calories: 154
o Fat: 5g
o Saturated Fat: 1g
o Cholesterol: 33mg
o Sodium: 120mg
o Carbohydrates: 13g
o Fiber: 4g
o Protein: 15g