• 1 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
• 3/4 c. ketchup
• 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/2 c. brown sugar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 pineapple, sliced into rings and halved
• 1 tsp. canola oil
• Green onions, for garnish
Make Marinade: In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger and whisk until combined.
Add chicken to a large Ziploc bag or baking dish and pour over marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
When ready to grill, heat grill to high. Oil grates and add chicken. Baste with marinade and grill until charred, 8 minutes per side.
Toss pineapple with oil and grill until charred, 2 minutes.
Serve chicken with pineapple and garnish with green onions.