- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 halibut fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces (about 2-1/2 cups) fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Lemon slices, optional
- Brush lemon juice over halibut fillets. Sprinkle with minced ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place fish on an oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat (or broil 6 in. from heat) until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, pepper flakes and, if desired, remaining salt. Cook, covered, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce over halibut. Serve with Brussels sprouts; sprinkle with fried garlic. If desired, serve with lemon slices.