For the filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 to 4 1/2 ounces kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- About 6 small tortillas of choice
- Salsa verde
- Sliced avocado
- Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add in the onion and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender. Add in the garlic and cumin, and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add in the kale and broth. Continue to cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, until the kale is wilted and the broth has evaporated. Transfer the veggies to a bowl.
- If the skillet is dry, add in a splash of extra olive oil. Next, add the eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until scrambled. Season both the veggies and the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon some of the kale mixture onto a tortilla. Top with some of the eggs, the salsa, avocado and pepita seeds. Serve immediately.