Weight Loss Frequently Asked Questions
How many total bariatric cases has Dr. Hollis performed?
How long do I stay in the Hospital?
When can I take baths or showers?
What will I eat when I leave the hospital?
Can I drive my car?
Can I wear my seat belt?
How long before I can return to work?
This ranges from 1-2 weeks depending on the type of work and the surgery performed. Most people return to work, not involving manual labor within a week of surgery.
When do I start taking the Vitamin-Mineral Supplements you prescribed, and for how long?
Begin taking the recommended vitamin-mineral supplements daily beginning 1 week after surgery. Continue for the rest of your life!
What can I do for constipation?
Are there any activities that I shouldn’t do?
Avoid contact sports 4 weeks after surgery.
How much exercise can I do?
Walk, climb stairs as much as you can. Start a regular exercise routine 3-4 times a week.
What are the ways I can regain weight after weight-loss surgery?
- Eating foods high in carbohydrates/sugars and sweets
- Snacking frequently during the day
- Drinking alcohol frequently
- Not starting or participating in a regular exercise program
What type of long-term, after-care services (such as support groups and counseling) can you provide for me?
- Ongoing support groups throughout Houston.
- Ongoing adjustments with dietary consultations.
- Online support groups.
- Access to Certified Bariatric Nurse.