If you have ever tried to lose weight by dieting, you know the challenges you will face. Sticking to a very restricted diet for a several weeks or months can be very difficult no matter how motivated you are. Most diets require a limited number of calories, which often lead to battles with hunger throughout the day. Other diets require that you eat only certain foods, which can lead to significant boredom after a short period of time.
Diets often fail because people rely on sheer determination and will power. Will power is something you exert consciously. When you attempt to use will power, you are making a conscious decision to control your behavior. Unfortunately, so many of our behaviors, such as eating and all the emotional dynamics that go along with eating, are unconsciously driven. So by using will power, you are trying to change an often deeply ingrained behavior (overeating) at a conscious level, when it is the unconscious which needs to be dealt with directly. Will power simply doesn’t work for most people. And that is where hypnotherapy comes in.
At BayChoice Bariatrics, we offer programs aimed at helping clients lose weight, gain self-confidence, and achieve an overall healthy lifestyle.
Hypnotherapy can help with weight loss and weight management in many ways:
- It can help create a new self-image.
- It can help you be more relaxed about your weight loss and weight management, as stress can be a serious factor in a poor diet, especially comfort eating.
- It can help you develop a positive outlook about weight and diet. Begin to feel better about yourself as you naturally begin to make better choices and healthy eating habits.
By breaking down old habits to create a new, healthy lifestyle, clients are able to think about their health in a more efficient way. Using hypnotherapy as a tool to change a person’s unhealthy habits can result in overall wellness and satisfaction.
More information on hypnosis:
- Hypnosis does not involve mind control or unconsciousness.
- You cannot be made to enter hypnosis against your will.
- Hypnosis is a natural experience that happens to most of us each day when we become absorbed in doing something like driving, working, reading, or watching TV.
- All your senses are awake and alert while you are in a hypnotic state.
- You are in control at all times while in hypnosis.
- While in hypnosis, you only say and do what you would normally say and do in a conscious state.
- You can return to full consciousness any time you either want to of feel the need to.
- The subconscious mind makes up about 90% of your total mind power and contains a “mental movie” of everything that has happened in your life.
For more information about weight loss hypnotherapy at BayChoice Bariatrics, or to schedule your first visit, call 281-482-5300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.